Get Ready for Wear Red Canada – February 13th!
Wear Red Canada is celebrated annually across Canada on February 13th to raise awareness about women’s heart health. Events are held online and across the country to serve as a reminder for everyone in Canada, especially women, to be mindful, curious, and proactive in the management of their heart health and wellness.
Did you know? Heart disease is on the rise and is the leading cause of death for women worldwide. Globally, cardiovascular diseases affect 1 out of 3 women, yet women everywhere are under-studied, under-diagnosed, under-treated, and under-aware when it comes to their cardiovascular health.
Join the Canadian Women’s Heart Health Alliance on February 13th and help raise awareness about women’s heart health. Here are some ways you can participate:
- Attend the National Education Webinar on February 13 @ 12pm (EST). This year’s theme is, “To take care of others, you need to first take care of yourself.” Register for free here.
- Participate in the Virtual 5K Event between February 13-28. Run, walk, ski, snowshoe, do yoga, or dance… anything goes… and track your progress towards a distance of 5km or time of 30min of physical movement. Register today!
- Share our 5 key messages about women’s heart health with your family and friends – available in 12 languages on the Wear Red Canada website.
- Join our new Wear Red Canada Facebook Group and keep up to date with local and national events, participate in contests, and be part of the #HerHeartMatters community.
- Don’t forget to wear red on February 13! Take a selfie of yourself and post it on social media using #HerHeartMatters and #WearRedCanada.
To learn more, visit the Wear Red Canada website: WearRedCanada.ca