Take charge of your health with Epic MyChart!
Epic MyChart is a secure, online patient portal that gives you free access to your health information from anywhere, at any time. Use Epic MyChart to access your medical and personal health information in one record, and to monitor your health status to make more informed decisions about your health.
Why use Epic MyChart?
Epic MyChart gives you immediate access to the important medical and personal health information you need:
- Access after-visit summaries
- See your upcoming appointments
- Review your test results and progress/discharge notes, medical imaging reports, and more.
It also connects you to six regional partners: The Ottawa Hospital, The Ottawa Hospital Academic Family Health Team, the University of Ottawa Heart Institute, Hawkesbury and District General Hospital, Renfrew Victoria Hospital, and St. Francis Memorial Hospital.
Epic MyChart lets you record information such as:
- Blood Pressure
What about privacy and security?
Access to information is controlled through secure activation codes, personal usernames, passwords and a security question. Healthcare providers in the hospital can only access medical information for the patients they are treating, using their own username and password. Your Epic MyChart account cannot be accessed without your password.
The University of Ottawa Heart Institute data privacy and information security practices comply with relevant legal requirements and organizational policies for information protection.
How do I sign up?
Choose any of these three options:
- Ask the clerk at central registration to send you an e-mail with an activation code.
- Ask clinic staff to sign you up when you are in the exam room.
- Use the Epic MyChart activation code on your After Visit Summary.
For more information or assistance