Looking for a part-time Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant – UOHI Patient Alumni
The University of Ottawa Heart Institute Patient Alumni (Alumni) works in partnership with the University of Ottawa Heart Institute (UOHI) to support patients by promoting heart health and best practices in patient care, research and education.
Central to the Alumni’s mandate is its role as voice of the patient, a mutual support community of patients, family members, caregivers, and others with an interest in the UOHI. Members can share experiences, offer support, and obtain information regarding heart health, research, education, and other services. The Alumni provides strategic support to the mandate, goals and activities of the University of Ottawa Heart Institute and its Foundation.
The Alumni is an independent charitable organization incorporated under the Ontario Not-For-Profit Corporations Act, with Bylaws and a Board of Directors to guide its activities. Membership is open to all UOHI patients, former patients, and their relatives and friends. The Alumni has about 20,000 members and continues to grow rapidly, as UOHI patients are automatically eligible to become member’s free-of-charge.
Reporting to the Executive of the UOHI Patient Alumni, the bilingual (French and English) Administrative Assistant:
- Is the administrative point of contact between the Alumni’s Board members and UOHI staff members, Alumni constituency and external clients;
- Receives calls, takes messages and routes correspondence;
- Responds to Alumni Board members’ requests and queries and takes appropriate actions as required.
- Maintains Corporate records
- Manages the Alumni’s UOHI office, both virtual and physical
- Plans appointments and assists in organizing Alumni events
- Prepares reports and updates internal databases as required or requested
- Assists volunteers working on Alumni projects
- Facilitates internal communication (e.g. distributes information and schedule presentations)
- Facilitates responses to Alumni members’ or other requests and queries appropriately
- Maintains calendar, arranges meetings and appointments as requested and provides reminders of upcoming meetings, deadlines, etc.
- Prepares and circulates (once approved) materials for Board meetings
- Develops and maintains an efficient documentation and filing system for all financial and operational materials
UOHI Patient Alumni Office Support Skills Requirements:
- Assists in the preparation of PowerPoint presentations as required
- Prepares Word documents for Executive Committee, and other board members as required. Documents may require table of contents, page numbers, headers and footers, addenda, and reference tables
- Maintains electronic calendar for the Board
- Assists with room bookings and any other meeting logistics for Board members as required
- Prepares meeting material as required and coordinates physical and virtual meetings
- Maintains supplies in office
- Liaises with UOHI to provide support to Board members (such as assistance with IT or parking passes, etc.)
- Nice to Have Skills
- QuickBooks experience
- Nice to Have Skills
This position is a part time, working on average 18 hours a week.
Candidates must comply with University of Ottawa Heart Institute employment policies.
Salary $25/hour, could be enhanced depending on experience
Approved by the Alumni Executive Committee 9 November 2021.