Ottawa Heart Institute Annual Report 2017/2018
PATIENT ALUMNI ASSOCIATION
The Heart Institute’s Patient Alumni Association continues in its new direction set last year in which all patients are now made automatic members of the Association upon discharge from the hospital. This new approach triggered the need for a refocused strategic plan, a new communication strategy, amended by-laws and a renewed governance structure.
THE PATIENT ALUMNI ASSOCIATION NOW FOCUSES ON:
• continuing and increasing the support and activities to its members.
• strengthening its membership.
• increasing its activities and support provided to the Heart Institute.
• significantly augmenting its involvement in patient engagement initiatives.
The Patient Alumni Association continues to strengthen its position as a strategic partner of the Heart Institute through:
• Provide strategic support to the Heart Institute.
• Strengthen and improve the support to the community of patients, relatives, caregivers and others.
• Continue to improve the delivery of bilingual resources and services which promote the well-being of Alumni members.
• Promote and contribute to the Heart Institute’s patient engagement initiatives.
• Foster greater opportunities for patient engagement.
• Increase membership.
• Increase the number of special activities to strengthen member involvement.
• Fund patient-centered projects.
• Increase visibility and activities as partners of the Heart Institute.
The Patient Alumni Association has recently been recognized as a leading practice organization by the Health Standards Organization.
A more detailed report of the past year’s activities is available at ottawaheartalumni.ca