- Preheat oven to 325º.
- Cook asparagus until just tender but still firm. Drain and set aside.
- Place half of bread in single layer in greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle with ½ cup cheese. Layer with asparagus and ham.
- Cover with remaining bread.
- In bowl, lightly beat eggs; add milk, onion, salt and mustard.
- Pour over bread.
- Bake uncovered, for 50 minutes.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Return to oven for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and knife inserted into center comes out clean.